Swimming with the Fishies or Please Stay In My KitchenPosted: July 9, 2008
I did it. Despite what I said before I went ahead and bought anchovies! Indulge me as I share my rationalization please. I really enjoy Caesar salads and everything I read says you need them in your dressing for authentic flavor. Not to mention they are very high in protein! So, yeah, they are now chillaxin’ (Erik’s favorite word) in the pantry waiting for me to get up the nerve to try them.
“I will nevers” can be pretty tough to promise since people can modify their minds through knowledge and hormones and the Holy Spirit can change hearts. Frankly, I doubt God really cared much about the anchovy purchase Monday night, but I’m writing more generally about the principles of life here, folks! Never say never. Never say always either. In that spirit, I would like to propose a new list of items that at this moment in life with the knowledge and current enjoyments that we have, we would like to think we shall forever find in our kitchen followed by three things we are dreaming for. Here goes for me:
1. Ziplock Freezer Bags- I love these little soldiers!
2. My beautiful Kitchen Aid Mixer and Ice Cream Maker Attachment
3. coconut oil
4. garlic press, the Pampered Chef one: it actually works and keeps me from having smelly hands
6. milk for making kefir, yoghurt, and ice cream
7. raw honey
8. frozen strawberries (they do wonders for the consistency of a smoothie)
9. milled flax seed/flax seed oil
10. my crazy huge cookbook/recipe collection
My Dreams and Kitchen Desires:
2. Pampered Chef Stainless Steel Pots and Pans set (this is my goal by end of summer with my PChef commission checks)
How about you?