Go to Sleep!Posted: July 15, 2008
Here are some ideas for people looking for natural ways to treat insomnia:
- Avoid sweets containing sugar.
- Exercise at night. It’s a stress buster as it increases blood flow. Also, the endorphins released will make you feel happier and calmer.
- Eat magnesium-rich foods (legumes and seeds, dark leafy green veggies, wheat bran, almonds, brewer’s yeast, whole grains).
- Don’t watch tv at night. It stimulates your mind and causes you to remain alert.
- Try reading a book. It makes your eyes tired leading to a feeling of tiredness.
- Eat foods high in carbs right before bed as this can increase the production of serotonin.
- Follow a routine.
8. Avoid caffeine.
9. Pray! This is what my Mom always recommended. It always seems to calm my mind and put me to sleep!