For Your Information…

*Parsley, you know, the little green thing on the side of your plate at restaurants? Yeah, that stuff. Well, it’s good for you, so eat it! Parsley contains the flavonoid apigenin which in lab studies has seemed to throw prostate cancer cells into slow-growth mode. Load your boys up on this sprig of green ladies!

*When I discovered my penicillin allergy in high school I became photosensitive for a little over a month. Red rash, every time I was forced outdoors during daylight. Lots of fun, lots. Women’s Day magazine just published a list of food that can be photoirritants. Let me know if you’ve ever noticed skin problems after eating the following foods and then hangin’ out with the bright one: celery, limes, parsnips, or figs.

*Supposedly the oldest cells in ones body are no more than seven years old. Sweet! Now there’s no need to worry about staying young, you are young!

*If the stars and the planets have all aligned and you are blessed enough to have time for a bath, a clean tub and Delilah’s on, I say go for it! When you do, throw two cups of apple cider vinegar in the bathwater with you. It will draw toxins out of your body and spin them down the drain. Whee!

*90% of all women have cellulite. The other 10% live in Hollywood and have bought their cellulite free bodies. Insert not nice word here.

*To clean copper the green way sprinkle baking soda onto a cut lemon and then rub the lemon all over the copper pot. when it’s all nice and shiny you can use a slightly wet sponge to wipe of any residue.

*Have a knot in your favorite necklace? Sprinkle it with cornstarch and the know should come right out! I’ve also found that using a needle can get into small loops better then my short finger nails.

*It takes less gas to shut your car off and start it again then to idle for as little time as 30 seconds. Crazy, huh? No more writing grocery lists in the car with the air blasting in my face I guess. sigh.

Your Turn! Tell me what you know!

Advertisements

4 Comments on “For Your Information…”

  1. Alicia S. says:

    If you left your coffee pot on too long and it’s now all crusty and black, you can scour it out with salt in no time at all!

  2. Blakely says:

    -Josephine Cochrane invented the modern dishwasher in 1886, because she was tired of her servants chipping her fine china.

    The drying cycle of a dishwasher uses 15-50% of the total energy usage of a dishwasher. Not using your drying cycle can save you over $25 a year in energy usage. If 10,000 people didn’t use their drying cycle on their dishwashers, in a year, the CO2 averted would have the effect of planting 3.343 trees.

    -In bacteria tests, toilet seats are consistently many times cleaner than fax machines, phone receivers and food cutting boards.

    -Collectively, in the US, junk mail could fill 420,000 dump trucks every year.

  3. Sarah says:

    Hmm, perhaps this is cheating, but I found a great site of random facts. Here are a few of my favorites:

    In Baltimore, Maryland, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies.

    Among the Abipone people of Paraguay, individuals who abstain from alcohol are thought to be “cowardly, degenerate and stupid.”

    While in some countries the penalty for driving while intoxicated can be death (yes, death), in Uruguay intoxication is a legal excuse for having an accident while driving. “Please believe me officer, I really was drunk.”

    After those last two, I think I’m moving to South America!

  4. […] You can get rid of onion breath by eating parsley. Good old […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s