August AspirationsPosted: July 31, 2008
“Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.” – Japanese Proverb
I need goals. A clearly laid out plan. A highly visible target. A comprehensible aim. The end in sight.
The following is my paradigm for the month of August. I’ll keep you abreast of my successes and shortcomings therein…
1) To prepare at least one meal with meat a week as this is something Erik greatly enjoys.
2) To personally not eat any white (processed) sugar. I will instead use natural sweeteners such as maple syrup, agave, stevia, and honey- all of which I’ve been playing around with in preparation for this switch.
3) To personally eat one raw meal a day. A smoothie obviously counts here. I need to make sure there’s something green in every one though. No more of these just fruit delights for me!
4) To serve one raw meal a week to the family. (Stay tuned for some amazing and simple raw dessert recipes!)
5) To floss every day. (sigh) Last night I was told I have six months to reverse some gum issues or my life, as I now know it, is over according to my dentists’ assistant. Suck.
6) To not blog during the day until after I have spent some time with God. I really wish this didn’t have to be a stated goal, instead being something that naturally occurred, but it doesn’t. So it must.
7) To scale back on my wardrobe. This is part of my goal to live with less to being able to live more.
8) To go for a walk at least five days a week either outside or on the treadmill. I’d prefer outside as would Inara!
I think that about covers it. Whew. I can’t wait to get started!
How about you? Want to join me in making a goal for the month? Something we can all keep each other accountable for and updated on come September 1st? You know you want to! Share away!