Dish on the DishPosted: August 17, 2008
It would seem that I am not the only one in the pack that I run with that is making efforts to make a change to wiser eating for the better health of our families. One of the ladies recently sent out an e-mail to a handful of us posing the following questions:
- Could you give me a sample of your menus for the week? I think we eat meat quite often and I’m wondering what else is healthy out there instead.
- If you could tell someone in short sentences what top three things they should start with in “turning over a new leaf” :) when eating healthy- what would they be?
- If you don’t mind- could you give me a ballpark of your food budget?
- Does that include shopping organic? Completely, just some of the time?? What items??? The “Dirty Dozen”?
- What are the top two sources you’ve found to be helpful in making your decisions? Books, internet, talking to others????
- When you need a meal/snack to be grab and go… are there good choices out there? Or do you just revert to a frozen pizza and pick up again the next day? It seems as though this takes more planning/shopping/preparing to do things this way, which I’m not opposed to. But if your in a bind- are there quick healthy options out there???
- Any other thoughts/ideas/advice would be welcome!
My last post was in answer to query numeral dos. As far as number seven goes, a blog has been set up specifically to keep this conversation going. You can find our answers to all these questions there…. eventually. We just started, so give it some time, but there are already recipes up! I will personally be posting the same posts in both locations for those of you who don’t have time to read another blog (understandable) yet are mildly curious as to what I would have answered.
BTW, over on Dish on the Dish, we all have my little pony names, so look for me as Morning Glory. :)