For Your InformationPosted: August 21, 2008
* Did you know that you shouldn’t plant your blueberry bushes until they are two years old? And that for the first few years after planting them you should prune the tips of the branches come fall?
* According to a home remedy guide from 2899, “lettuce is calming and beneficial to anyone suffering from insomnia”. A book from 1906 recommends eating an onion raw before bed. I don’t recommend that one unless you sleep alone. zzzzzzzzz……
* With football season fast upon us, I though I would include a remedy for one who finds themselves a little hoarse:make a horseradish syrup by boiling the root and adding enough sugar to make it choke-down-able. Take two to three teaspoonfuls a day. Yum.
*Teen girls who have their tonsils removed have a 30% greater likelihood to be overweight later in life. Bummer.
* According to Underwood (who’s Underwood?) you’ll need one cubic foot of manure per 56 square feet of garden. Really that works out to letting your manure compost for a year and then spreading it an inch think on your plot. (found in 1,001 Old-Time Garden Tips)
*Cats have 32 muscles in each ear. Did you hear me?
* Male Indian cobras have two penises and copulation can last from two minutes to a whole day. My head is ready to explode.
What do you know?