Ice Cream RecapPosted: August 26, 2008
I updated my previous post about ice cream making with a revised recipe. I’m going to go ahead and put it here too so you don’t miss it. It’s delish!
I’ve played around with this recipe enough and made enough changes that I think I can now call it my own. Here’s what I made:
Amazing Chocolate Covered Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
- just under two cans coconut milk (save the rest for a smoothie in the morning!)
- 1/3 cup carob powder (cause it’s way cheaper than quality cocao powder)
- 1/3 cup cacao (cocoa) powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (watch the label for high fructose corn syrup!)
- 6 Tablespoons agave syrup
- one handful of frozen strawberries
Throw everything in the blender and let her rip! Blend until it’s as smooth as a baby’s backside. Put in a bowl in the fridge for as long as you can wait. I throw it in the fridge while I’m making dinner and then it’s ready by the time we are for dessert. Then freeze according to the manufacturers directions on your ice cream maker. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can just freeze it and eat it like shaved ice or turn it into popsicles. This stuff is amazing!